Peru OCT 31-nov 7, 2020
Recognized as one of the world’s best culinary destinations, Peru is the perfect place to indulge in the marvels of South America’s gastronomy. Dine at Mil by Virgilio Martinez, sample the freshness of a farm to table meal at a working hacienda in the Andes, visit a local produce market to learn about the wide variety of ingredients available to Peruvians and sample a traditional meal in Gaston Acurio’s Chicha restaurant in Cusco. Experience all of this while visiting the country’s cosmopolitan capital of Lima, the archaeological sites of the picturesque Sacred Valley and the enigmatic Machu Picchu, Peru’s crown jewel.
- Lima: Visit the UNESCO declared historical centre of the city and admire the colourful colonial architecture. Peru’s capital was founded by Francisco Pizarro and given the name City of the Kings. Witness the Plaza San Martín, one of the most beautiful squares in Lima, Plaza de Armas, Lima’s first public square and the San Francisco Monastery, known for its network of catacombs which lie below the foundation.
- Cusco: Visit the TreadRight Foundation supported Centre for Traditional Textiles of Cusco (CTTC) and meet Nilda Callanaupa, a local weaver. This organization is dedicated to preserving the art of weaving beautiful Peruvian textiles.
- Machu Picchu: Spend the morning exploring the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. A Local Expert helps you understand the enigmatic fortress abandoned by the Incas in the 16th century.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a 3-course Farm-to-Table Lunch experience at Hacienda Sarapampa, where family recipes and local cuisine come to life. The Hacienda is dedicated to the production of Cusco Giant White Corn and a simple way of life.
- Moray: Enjoy lunch at star Peruvian chef Virgilio Martínez's restaurant Mil. The winding drive from Cusco will bring you 3,500 metres above sea level to the edge of the ruins at Moray: huge stone depressions that have been cut into the earth, which acted as an agricultural lab for the Incas for centuries. One of Latin America's most talked-about dining experiences, Peru’s ample and eclectic climates and ingredients have created a unique menu dedicated to the Andes.
- Cusco: Savour an innovative selection of local cuisine from Cusco at Chicha, the innovative restaurant by Gaston Acurio, one of the leaders of Peru’s gastronomic revolution.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 1 Lunch with wine (LW), 2 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with wine (DW).
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
DAY 1 ARRIVE LIMA, PERU. On arrival at the Lima International Airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your luxurious hotel, where you will meet your Traveling Concierge. Hotel:Country Club Lima Hotel.
DAY 2 LIMA, CITY OF THE KINGS. Experience Lima Your Way and choose a walk through Peru’s colonial and republican history with a visit to the city’s historic center or rather look into the ever-evolving bohemian neighborhood of Barranco. Lima’s Historic center – visit a UNESCO World Heritage site, where you will admire the colorful colonial architecture of the “Plaza San Martín” and main square or “Plaza de Armas”, where you can see the Government Palace, the Cathedral, and the Municipality. From here, visit the San Francisco Monastery and discover its underground maze of tunnels and catacombs. Barranco visit – explore this neighborhood which has shifted from the beach resort of the Lima’s wealthy families, to the home of the city’s bohemian movement and which is now an eclectic mix of young families, artists, and charming shops and restaurants. Visit the MATE, a museum founded by the legendary photographer Mario Testino who has photographed subjects as varied as Diana, Princess of Wales, Kate Moss and Madonna. A unique lunch experience at Maras brings together the best of Peruvian gastronomy as its menus lead guests on a tasteful journey over the coast and through the mountains and jungles of Peru, in a smartly decorated venue. Toast to the start of a memorable vacation during this Welcome Lunch. Meals:Breakfast, Lunch
DAY 3 ON TO THE SACRED VALLEY. Fly to Cusco and travel to the Sacred Valley. En route, you will be taken to the Hacienda Sarapampa where you will be delighted by a 3-course Farm-to-Table lunch experience based on local cuisine and family recipes. From there we will make our way to the renowned Pisac market, with a wide variety of Peruvian handicrafts on display. Our hotel for the evening is a stunning property with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. Hotel:Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba, Sacred Valley. Meals:Breakfast, Lunch
DAY 4 EXPLORING THE SACRED VALLEY. Your backdrop this morning is formed by the unique circular agricultural terraces of Moray and the nearby salt pools of Maras. Lunch will be served at Mil Restaurant, owned by Virgilio Martinez, along with Pia Leon, his wife. His love of Peru’s diverse climates and ingredients have created a unique menu dedicated to the Andes. After, you will visit the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco (CTTC), an initiative supported by the Treadright Foundation. Run by local weaver, Nilda Callanaupa, this organization is dedicated not only to the preservation, but also the commercialization, of beautiful, high quality textiles. Meals:Breakfast, Lunch with Wine
DAY 5 JOURNEY TO MACHU PICCHU. Visit the Inca Village Ollantaytambo, with its impressive fortress perched protectively above the village. This pretty little town is also known as the “last living Inca Village of Peru”. Explore with your Local Expert to learn the varying architecture and purpose of the site and visit a typical house. Afterwards, board the train to Aguas Calientes. Hotel:Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel. Meals:Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 6 MYSTERIOUS MACHU PICCHU. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu, where you’ll arrive before the crowds and will meet your Local Expert for a guided exploration of its construction and the tales that it tells. Travel through the Sacred Valley by train en-route to Cusco. Tonight, enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner at Chicha by Gaston Acurio, who after training as a Cordon Bleu chef, introduced Peruvian cuisine to the rest of the world. Hotel:Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco. Meals:Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 7 COLONIAL CUSCO. Join your Local Expert at the “Plaza de Armas” and visit the impressive renaissance-style Cathedral. Make your way through small alleys edged with Incan walls until you reach Koricancha, the temple dedicated to the sun, “Inti”. Believed to be the most important temple for the Incas, it was destroyed by the Spanish conquerors in the 16th century. Its foundations were used to build the Catholic Church Santo Domingo, marking an evident clash of cultures. End your introduction to the city with a visit to the typical San Pedro market and take in the lively bustle of the workers and their colorful stands filled with fruits, vegetables, spices, and other local products. Once you have learned about Peruvian ingredients, you will be transferred to the Rooftop Kitchen for a hands-on culinary experience. Meals:Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
DAY 8 DEPART CUSCO. Say goodbye to your fellow travelers and Traveling Concierge, before being transferred to Cusco airport. Meals:Breakfast
ACCOMMODATION COUNTRY CLUB LIMA HOTEL. Country Club Lima Hotel. INKATERRA HACIENDA URUBAMBA, SACRED VALLEY. Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba, Sacred Valley. INKATERRA MACHU PICCHU PUEBLO HOTEL MACHU PICCHU (TRADITIONAL) - PERU Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is an intimate Andean village with terraced hills, waterfalls, stone pathways and 81 whitewashed adobe casitas tucked away in the cloud forest. PALACIO DEL INKA, A LUXURY COLLECTION HOTEL, CUSCO. Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco.
$5554 FROM MIAMI WITH TRAVEL INSURANCE
$6377 FROM JFK WITH TRAVEL INSURANCE
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT $1500
- WISE WOMEN TRAVEL C. 2020|
- email: email@example.com
Call 1-800-221-2474 or (516) 248-2042 outside USA/Canada